Meetings during the COVID-19 pandemic are not being held in many buildings due to building closures and social-distancing requirements. There are several methods to make contact during this meeting disruption. click on "read more" for information.
In Al-Anon we have a Tradition of personal anonymity. The assurance of anonymity is essential to our efforts to help families of alcoholics. Each member has the right to decide the degree of anonymity that is right for them. Nothing heard or seen at a meeting should be revealed. What we say in our meetings will be held in confidence.
FOR THE NEWCOMER
Please visit www.al-anon.org/welcome. You will be prompted to enter your email address and special link will be sent to you to learn more about Al-Anon. You may also join any local phone meetings or FTF meetings listed below. We will ask that you please identify that this will be your first Al-Anon meeting. Please do not hesitate. You will be welcomed.
LOCAL PHONE MEETINGS
Please call up to 10 minutes before the start time so that meetings can begin with minimal disruption. Also, be sure you know where your mute button is on your phone and be in an area that is quiet and private.
- Sunday at 3:00 pm, Sunday Afternoon AFG, phone-(605) 475-5900, access code is 656212#
- Monday at 7:00 pm, Central AFG, phone-(605) 475-5900, access code is 656212#
- Wednesday at 10:30 am, Wednesday Morning AFG, phone-(605) 475-5900, access code is 656212#
- Wednesday at 7:15 pm, Hope For All AFG, phone-(605) 475-5900, access code is 656212#
- Friday at 11:45 am, TGIF AFG, phone-(415) 655-0003, access code is 733 088 013
- Saturday at 7:15 pm, Saturday Night Live AFG, There are 3 available phone numbers to obtain access --- (717) 275-8940, or (641) 426-1600, or (425) 436-6260 -- access code is 7548824# (for all 3 phone numbers) *NOTE the phone number listed for SNL has been updated (beginning 10/24/2020)
LOCAL VIDEO (ZOOM) MEETINGS
There are several video meetings held weekly. They may be attended by video or phone. VIDEO: You will need to download the ZOOM app downloaded to your phone or computer. Due to a meeting passcode being required to enter a video meeting, we are no posting that information but may be obtained by contacting a member. PHONE: To enter a ZOOM meeting by phone dial (929) 205- 6099
Tuesday 7:00 pm (Step-Tradition-Topic), Thursday 8:00 pm (Moneta), Saturday 10:30 am (Saturday Morning-Book).
FACE-TO-FACE (FTF) / IN-PERSON MEETINGS
Currently some buildings are permitting to reopen for face-to-face (FTF) meetings following the guidelines issued by the CDC, local and state governments, and the requirements of the building landlord. Please be aware that this could change week to week.
Prepare for the wearing of face masks, hand washing/disinfecting, social distancing, and helping clean surfaces.
- Monday 8:00 pm, Botetourt Al-Anon, Rt 220, 19 Cedar Ridge Drive, Daleville, VA (St. Marks UMC)
- Thursday 7:00pm, Keep It Simple AFG, (new location)-- 5000 Carriage Dr, SW, Roanoke, VA 24018 (Valley Community Church)
- Thursday 7:00 pm, North Roanoke AFG, 8115 Williamson Rd, Roanoke, VA (St. Philip Lutheran Church), NOTE: Meeting at the back of building. This meeting is held outdoors weather permitting. Bring a chair.
- Thursday 8:00 pm, Moneta AFG, 13586 S. Old Moneta Rd, Moneta, VA (Bethlehem UMC) NOTE: the meeting is held outdoors weather permitting. Bring a chair.
- Friday 11:45 am, TGIF AFG (new location), 5000 Carriage Dr. SW, Roanoke, VA 24018 (Valley Community Church) NOTE: Bring a chair; meeting may be held outdoors, weather permitting.
WORLD SERVICES OFFICES (WSO)
Please visit the World Services Offices (WSO) website for helpful literature and pages about the Al-Anon Family Groups and support.
Additionally, WSO website has a list of electronic meetings and phone meetings. You can view them under the "MEETINGS" tab on that website. Link here. https://al-anon.org/al-anon-meetings/electronic-meetings/